At the end of May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) became effective. This has changed how personal data is collected, processed and stored.
Here you can read about how we process personal data.
Altitude Meetings store data concerning our clients (at bookings, meeting registrations and other assignments), and email addresses for our newsletters and other mailshots. We save your contact details to send you confirmations, tell you about interesting and relevant news and spread knowledge. When you subscribe to our newsletter, you can cancel it at any time and ask for the removal of your contact details. We continuously delete old email addresses and other personal data from our records.
Altitude Meetings AB, registration number 556993-1024, takes full responsibility for all data collected and processed by us. Altitude Meetings will never forward or in any other way share your personal data with a third party. All customers are free to ask for, at any time, a transcript of collected personal data, restrict how the data is used and ask for a permanent withdrawal. We correct false, incomplete or misleading data.
Why do we store personal data?
Altitude Meetings collect and process personal data to fulfil our commitments and deliver our services. This might be a meeting room reservation or registering participants at a conference or event. Besides the more obvious reasons for collecting and storing personal data, there are also activities like communicating with people interested in the same topics as we are, spreading information and knowledge or adapting our services to our customers’ needs.
We also use the data to inform you about projects that we believe you might have an interest in.
If you want to have your personal record deleted, just let us know. Click the link “cancel subscription” in one of our emails or send us an email right away.
What type of data do we collect?
Depending on the situation, the data we have on you is in one of the following categories:
– Contact details like name, email address and phone number.
– Bookings and registrations.
– User information about how to use our web page and services. Such information includes IP number, type of unit and browser, and also what websites you are visiting.
– Other information that we receive when you are in contact with us.
How is the data collected?
– Via email or a registration form when you book a meeting room or register for a meeting.
– Via cookies. A cookie is a piece of data from a website that is stored within a web browser that the website can retrieve at a later time. Cookies are used to tell the server that users have returned to a particular website. You can decide if you want to allow cookies or not.
– Contact information based on a legitimate interest in our services. Your personal data might be stored for commercial purposes based on your job title or employer. The legitimate interests include commercial interests, individual interests or broader societal benefits. This motivates that we collect your personal data from public records such as your company’s webpage etc.
You are free to cancel the subscription or have your data deleted at any time.
Which software and tools are included?
Mailchimp – we create our newsletters with Mailchimp, storing email addresses, names and businesses.
Trippus – we use Trippus for all event registration. Email addresses, names, employers, phone numbers, addresses and other general data like food preferences.
Visbook – all customer data in connection with STUDIO Meetingpoint. Names, contact details, employers and previous bookings.
Google Analytics – the web-based tool Google Analytics is used for statistical purposes. The data collected is anonymous, like IP addresses, web browsers and cookies.
For how long is the data stored?
If our record of your personal data is collected from an action initiated by you, e.g. when you make a booking, the data is stored until you decide to withdraw it. This is easiest done by clicking the “cancel subscription” link in one of our emails.
Data collected when we reach out to you is stored as long as we believe that our services might be of use to you. We continuously update our customer database. When there is no sign of interest or no response to our emails the personal data is deleted.
To us, it is most important that your personal data is handled securely. We process all data according to recommendations and legislation to protect it from being changed, deleted or spread by third parties.
If you have any questions, want to retrieve your personal data from our records, make changes or delete it – feel free to contact us!